Belvoir Health Group has an established Patient Participation Group with the aim of:
- Fostering patient participation in health care.
- Improving communication between staff and patients.
- Encouraging patients to have their say in the future direction of local health provision.
The group operates within a nationally proposed frame of reference, but largely it is up to members how it works.
Meetings are generally held at one of our three surgeries, although the use of email and the internet offers exciting new possibilities for communication. Meetings have been held via Zoom during the COVID crisis
Members can commit as much or as little time as they like, and contribute in whatever way they feel comfortable.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of local services.
- Help patients to take an active role in their health.
- Provide practical support and help to implement change.
- Influence the wider NHS and give patients a say.
The group are always keen to attract new members from all three of our surgeries.
If you would like more information, please ask at Reception, or telephone 0115 896 9991.